Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Few Hours At The Antique Mall

This morning I finished painting my $8.99 bookshelf that I got at Goodwill the other day and I am very happy with the color that I chose for it! It is called Sea Glass by Martha Stewart which comes in a Glidden paint from Home Depot. The only problem I had now was what to put on it? Jeremy is about to start outtage at work, so today they had a meeting which meant he got off early! WOOHOO! He came home and by 2:00 we were heading about 45 minutes away to an antique mall. I knew that for the room I needed some side table or something to go beside the bed, stuff to put on the bookshelf, and a desk and chair. Now, I have never been one for shopping for antiques, I have always been more of a modern type girl. This is a whole new experience for me, I was so overwhelmed when I went into this place, I didn't even know where to begin! We spent about 2 hours just walking around looking at everything, I knew that they closed at 6, so at 5 I really needed to start making some decisions! We walked around one more time looking for some things I had remembered from earlier. Before we came I had set a budget for the day and I was adding up everything as we chose it so I wouldn't go overboard, because it would have been VERY easy to do so! Once all was said and done I had come in $30 under budget! I was pretty proud of myself with that feat and we were very happy to have all of these "new" things to take home with us! Here is what all we got! I will put photos up as the room is completed so you can see where I utilized all of the things!!

Glass Vase FULL of shells
About 6 Blue Ball Mason Jars
Rabbit Cage?
2 Large Conch Shells
Small Sewing Box
Porcelain Topped Farm Desk
Industrial Metal Chair/Stool
Misc Sea Shells
Large Driftwood Piece that looks like a whale

I am happy to report that the Bookshelf is now full!! I am still searching for the perfect lamp to go on there, but other than that it is a happy shelf. On the top I have the rabbit cage with a conch shell inside, an old first edition book from 1908 that just looks cool with a little wooden dog on top I have had since I was about 11, and two of the many mason jars, one holding some fake flowers (for the moment). On the second shelf I have a Goodwill frame, two stacks of Nicholas Sparks books (we are from and moving to NC) with shells on top. On the third shelf I have the sewing box with a sand dollar leaning against it, the largest conch shell and another Goodwill frame! 

On the new desk, I have moved my Mac onto it, and it is very happy with its new home, now I just need to find lots of other fun things to put on it as well! Things are moving along quite nicely for this guest bedroom and I cannot wait to finish it in the near future! I guess my next project is to figure out what to put on the walls in here!! Until next time...

Have A Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment