Monday, September 3, 2012

Just a little welcome note...

Hi everyone! I am pretty new to blogging, but I wanted to chronicle this journey we are about to start! We are about to move from a small town in the middle of North Carolina to the beach! My husband just got a promotion at his job that requires us to move to a new area, so in just a few short months, we will be doing just that! We both grew in the same small town and have lived here out entire lives. All of our family lives in the same area too! We don't know anyone in the new town we are moving to, so this is going to be a big step for the two of us and our doggy/bird family! At this time, the timeline is about 70% certain, the move is 100% certain, we just don't know the exact time frame just yet. So for now, he is supposed to start work on January 1st of 2013. For now, we are just sort of packing up things we know we won't need or use in that time frame, and getting stuff together for a yard sale next Saturday. We are also planning on going to check out the town next weekend! We do not have anything in our current home that will fit my design theme for our new beach home, so we are going to get rid of pretty much everything we own and start fresh down there! 

I have been scouring the internet for DIY crafts, design ideas, and all sorts of other things to start planning for our new beach home. We have kind of decided on a shabby chic coastal beach decor...hopefully that makes sense! I started using Pinterest yesterday to keep all of my ideas and sources together, so you can follow along on there as well if you would like! 

Today we decided to go to Goodwill, actually 7 of them all over the area and look around and see if we could find anything that would fit in with my new theme and/or anything that I could MAKE fit in with that theme! We were so surprised that we had a car load of things when we returned home and got all of it for less than $100! So I should have a few DIY projects mixed in here pretty soon as I start getting ready and planning out these rooms! 

But like I said, I just wanted to give everyone a quick welcome to my new blog and hopefully we will have a wonderful journey together! Oh and one more thing, I am a HUGE Disney fan...so at the end of every post, I will say...

"Have A Magical Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment