Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DIY Repaint of $10 Auction Dresser

Lovely Tuesday morning to you all!! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days we have been pretty busy lately. Saturday afternoon we went to an auction down the street and bought a TON of stuff, I believe it was 25 items total, but we got some amazing deals and I am happy to report that I have already started making them over! In the guest bedroom, I needed a small set of drawers for guests to put their clothing in when they stay over. I didn't need nor want anything large so I was hoping that they would have something small at the auction. Well, they did, and I managed to get it for only $10. All it needed was a good cleaning and coat of paint or two...or 5...LOL So I dove in and got it! Here is what it looked like before...


A little ugly right?? Yeah, so I already had two colors of paint that I thought I could possibly use on it. The one called Beryl from my toy box makeover, and the Sea Glass color from the bookshelf repaint. I looked on the internet to see if I could get some inspiration for a paint job and I saw a really cool gradient paint job on a chest of drawers and I thought it looked pretty cool, so I decided to do that. Yesterday after we picked up a brand new mattress for the bed ($55 from craig's list still wrapped in plastic!) I headed over to Home Depot to pick out 3 other paint colors. I ended up choosing a color called Gull (Off-White) for the dresser itself, and the two other colors for the bottom two drawer fronts Hummingbird Blue and Araucana Teal, all from the Martha Stewart Paint Line by Glidden I believe. So anyway, when I got home I got right to painting and cleaning and before I knew it, I was finished and had a lovely new dresser for the middle bedroom! So what do you think??


I couldn't be happier with it, considering it didn't cost me that much to fix it up..or buy it for that matter! Now I guess I just need to accessorize it and maybe add some liner paper or drawer sachets? Moving on, we also managed to sell our IKEA sideboard yesterday from our dining room. It was really not practical to have it, besides I purchased another piece of furniture that could go in it's place for the time being...all it was doing was holding our board games, and they all didn't even fit in it. I was going to work on the den as my next project but I think I have shifted gears a little bit and am now maybe going to start on the bedroom? I have a really good idea of what I want to do in there, and the only problem is going to be paying for a brand new mattress! EEEK!! 

Have A Magical Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment