Friday, September 14, 2012

DIY Bulletin Board

Hello once again everyone! We had another fun day of antique shopping and even stopped by our local craft store to pick up some things to put in our guest room that I am working on at the moment! 

I am subscribed to Coastal Living Magazine on my tablet and today I got the newest issue October 2012! There is a really great section in there about home office stuff! I saw this awesome Seahorse Bulletin Board in there and loved it, but it came at a HEFTY price tag of $275 from LG Designs (lgcustomaccessories.com if you are interested in looking at it) I thought to myself that I could make one and it wouldn't cost anything NEAR that much to do! So today, Mr. C and I went to Hobby Lobby. They were having a 50% sale on their frames with glass so we picked up a 22x28 sized frame for $25 (regular $50), and a yard of fabric $3.99. We then went by Home Depot and picked up a roll of cork with contact paper on the back for $9.96. So for $38.95, I had a Bulletin Board that looked EXACTLY like the one in the magazine!

It was very simple to do and anyone could do it. I used a light duty staple gun and staples and that was it for tools!

We took the glass out of the frame, then attached the cork to the cardboard inside with the contact paper on the back of the cork. Then stretched the fabric over the cork/cardboard and stapled it to the frame so it wouldn't come out and that was it. We already had hangers to attach to it and then we just hung it on the wall! A great little project for under $40 and now I can get some push pins and go to town on it! Tell me what you think!

Empty Bulletin Board Ready for Stuff!

Disregard the Painters Tape and Empty Desk, the room is still incomplete

I have plans for lots of different things to put on the board! I can't wait to start filling it up. We bought an awesome piece of driftwood that loos like a whale I think, so that got hung up on the wall today! Also I purchased another piece of driftwood to hopefully make a lamp from...fingers crossed!! 

Have A Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment