Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lovely Rainy Sunday Morning

Good morning, good morning everyone! It is a lovely rainy Sunday morning here in NC, and that is my favorite time to do crafts and projects inside. I also love to open the window and listen to the rain while I work. It is very calming and keeps me focused on the task at hand. I actually have a few of those today as a matter of fact. 

The first thing I did when i got up this morning was clear out the closet in the guest bedroom. For the moment, I am going to paint it and turn it into somewhat of a craft closet for the time being, but not permanently since we are moving in a few months. I have no idea what the sizes of the closets in the new house will be, so I am just going to improvise with this one and then do a proper one when we make it down there! The closet is completely empty for me to start painting later on this afternoon. Mr. C is asleep because he is on night shift now, so he got home at 6:55am and took a shower and went straight to bed, so basically I am trying to do quiet projects while he is sleeping, he works so hard and I do not want to wake him up prematurely!

That brings me to the first crafty project of the day! I have lots of little brown boxes around my house from Birchbox. If you don't know what Birchbox is, it is a little company that ships handpicked beauty and lifestyle samples right to your door for $10 per month. We travel a lot so I love it because I get sample sizes of things to try, like perfumes for instance, and I can put them in my carry-on luggage because they are definitely under the oz limit and they fit nicely in those little plastic baggies! But they ship them to you in a cute little box once a month. So I have started to accumulate a lot of these little boxes and I didn't know what to do with them...until now that is! I have tons of little things that need to be organized in my makeshift craft closet so I thought to myself why not cover them with paper and then find an adorable label and voila, instant storage solution! So that is what I am doing right now! Yesterday, we went by Hobby Lobby and I bought a few different coordinating scrapbook papers to cover them with. There is a great tutorial about covering boxes here:


Birchbox Before

Cut Paper to Wrap Around Box Lid

Coordinating Scrapbook Papers

Finished Box!

I decided not to cover the bottom with paper because I still like the brown box showing through. These will be great for holding things like bobbins, pens, buttons, really anything that I can put in them! Then they will stack nicely in my craft closet and be pretty at the same time! Well I guess I should get back to covering boxes! When the craft closet is finished I will do some before and after photos for you all, I still have a few other little projects that are getting done, I ran out of glue sticks for my glue gun, so when I get some more I can show you the lamp we made!

Have A Magical Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment