Thursday, September 6, 2012

Painting The Middle Bedroom...

Good morning from NC! I hope everyone is doing well today! I am still running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out what to do with everything in the house. I feel like I should put my list on here so you guys know just how much stuff we actually have to do to get this house ready before we move/try to sell it!

Last night I managed to start on a project because I already have everything TO start it! The middle bedroom in our house has been the same color since I think 1995, which is the year that our family moved into it. I was in 4th grade, and I had a rainbow water bed, so naturally I wanted the bedroom to be sky blue!...even the carpet in there is blue! Quite a few years later, more than likely when I was in high school, my sister was married and had a baby named Allison, well she moved Ally into that room and put up a border around the top...OMG that border is a paint in my fricken neck! It is an utter nightmare! The paper came off fine enough, but the glue or what I would call yellow cement will absolutely not come off of the wall. 

These walls are kind of ridiculous anyway. They are not drywall, they are some type of wood paneling? I am not exactly sure what they are, but I am just going to make them look presentable enough that the new owner can decide what to do with them. So last night I started painting over the blue using a No VOC paint, with a color called Of The Earth. It is a lovely neutral tone which will be perfect for a clean slate for someone else to cover over it! Ooh, Idea!! I am going to take a before and after picture so you guys can see what I am dealing with! Moving on, that has been my current project. I will probably work on some more of that today. I will have to do a lot of moving stuff around, which is more annoying that anything because I don't really have anywhere for it to go, plus a lot of it needs to be sorted through and organized! 

Today is looking like it might turn out to be a rainy day, which is fine with me, I like working on inside projects when it is raining outside! I usually just open the windows so I can hear the thunderstorm as it rolls through. Tomorrow, we are still planning on heading down to the beach to look around at some houses that I wrote down to see their locations, as well as do a little bit of antique shopping for our new abode! Who knows, I may even have a haul list for you when we get back? Anyway, I guess that is all for now!

Have A Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment